Prices for a full site design range can from £1000–£4,000, depending on the complexity of the design and the functions to be included. The number of pages in the site is a relatively small consideration, especially if you are providing the text yourself and are happy to use the same visual template on each page.
£1000 may seem a lot, but it is a realisitic minimum amount to cover the work required to see a design through from conception to completion.
While every project is different and every fee is negotiable, the following is intended as a guide to what you can expect to get for your money.
A standard £1000 site will typically include:
- At least two initial design ideas and as many redesigns and reworkings of these as are required to produce something with which you’re completely happy to go ahead
- A distinct homepage design and other pages built around a common template
- Unlimited static pages, which you can update and add to yourself
- Dynamic pages including a blog, gig schedule, photo gallery and video gallery
- Step-by-step guidance on how to use and update your site (in person, over Skype or by phone)
- Basic checking and editing of your text
- A choice of music players
All the sites I produce are responsive, meaning they adapt and rearrange to fit different screen sizes, tablets and mobiles.
Some of the things you might also want, which may cost a little extra:
- Multiple backgrounds and layouts for the different areas of your site
- E-commerce systems to sell digital or physical products
- Forums for your fans or students
- Copywriting and copy editing
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- A separate mobile site
- Whatever wacky/inspirational ideas you’ve had that you’d like to see somehow realised
A few other things…
Domain name registration
Domain name registration is not included in the price. See the FAQs for more details. This charge will be added on to your bill, or you may arrange to pay it directly to the domain registrar. This is often no more than £10 per year.
Any additional design or copywriting work, such as for flyers, posters, business cards, press releases or newsletters may be charged at an additional daily rate. See my other services page.
I can help set you up with a hosting package with a reputable hosting company. You’ll have to pay a modest annual fee to them directly.